Yep, you heard it here….. this Spring will be the final Homeschool Youth Soccer League (HYSL) season. The Jarjusey’s intend on taking a year to travel the United States and therefore HYSL will be on hold (at the very least) until our return. In the meantime, let’s enjoy this last chance for a final season with this awesome community of homeschoolers!
HYSL is a community run league. For this season, we will have three regions running. 1- Chicago South (Yellow), 2- Chicago North (Blue) and 3- Far North (Orange). (You will note their respective practice times and locations in the registration form below.) HYSL runs much like the AYSO model (volunteer basis) accept that we accommodate the homeschool families. All ages (3 years up to 18 years) play at the same time, date and location. No schlepping to various fields and locations, or needing to be in 2 or 3 places at the same time. Likewise….. it’s affordable. A family membership is minimal and affordable and everyone will learn something by the end of the season!
Each region has a set of **volunteer** parents who help by being coaches, assistant coaches and (1) team parent per region. The idea is that practices are held within respective regions and then the kids also have a chance to play “tournament style” against the other regions in the league. *Also*, as an added perk, the “Family Fun Style” adds the element of parents play too! During the tournament days (of which there will be two this season), parents will get to play against and/or with the kids after the children’s scheduled tournament. Tons of fun had by all.
* This season will run SIX weeks.
* We begin April 5th and run through May 10th.
* Practice times and locations vary per region (see registration form below).
* Family Fun Tournament Days are: at 10:00am on April 19th (hosted by Far North in Mundelein), and May 10th (hosted by Chicago North, location T.B.A. with end-of-season cake to celebrate!).
* Children must wear cleats and shin guards and have a soccer ball for practices. (Size 4 ball for the 6 years and younger, size 5 ball for the 7 years and older.) Purchase of equipment is the parents’ responsibility.
* Since this is the last season (for right now), jersey purchase will be optional. In the past jersey purchase had been with the knowledge that the jersey would carry through many subsequent seasons. Since it is uncertain HYSL will return (or when), jersey purchase is optional this go around. *HOWEVER*….. kids love to match their team mates!!! So if you would like to order a team jersey, the option does exists (see registration form below). NOTE: If you opt not to have a team jersey your child *MUST* be dressed in the same color as the team region on tournament days.
* Coaches’ meeting will be held somewhere around the weekend of March 28th (T.B.A.).
* Registration for CURRENT/RETURNING members is now through February 1st.
* Registration for NEW (and returning) members is open February 2nd through February 28th.
* LATE registration for new and returning members is open from March 1st through March 15th. (*Absolutely no registration accepted beyond March 15th.)
With any further, more specific questions, please email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HYSL Family Fun *Final* Spring Season 2014 – Registration Form
** Once you have completed this online registration form (AND click SUBMIT), visit the SHOP to purchase your family membership and team jerseys.
YOU ARE NOT DONE YET!
**** BUT CLICK “SUBMIT” ABOVE BEFORE YOU CONTINUE PLEASE!!!****
Please complete the online liability waiver:
ONE more step!!! Visit the SHOP to purchase your HYSL family membership and jerseys!
Thank you for registering for the final HYSL season!!!